Parks & Historic Preservation Committee
The Committee consist of seven to nine members who each serve a three-year term. Primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Advising the City Council on recreation programs, facilities, fees and long-range recreation planning;
- Serving as a mechanism for resident input into the planning and operation of the City's leisure time activities;
- Assisting in the planning and promotion of opportunities for our City's parks and recreation spaces and their users to enhance the quality of life for Creve Coeur residents and heighten resident awareness of Creve Coeur history;
- Advising the City Council on matters of historic preservation, including matters impacting city-owned historic buildings and policies and programs pertaining to historic record archiving.
The Parks and Historic Preservation Committee was formerly separately known as the Parks and Recreation Committee and the Historic Preservation Committee.
With the passage of Ordinance 5391 on September 22, 2014, current members of both committees were appointed as the members of the Parks and Historic Preservation Committee. The membership of seven to nine members will be attained through attrition.
- Phyllis Cantor, Committee Member
- Richard Darrow, Committee Member
- David Hoffman, Committee Member
- Roberta Horwitz, Committee Member
- Nancy Litzinger, Committee Member
- David McCoy, Committee Chair
- Rupi Pujji, Committee Member
- David Russell, Committee Member
- Stephen Spurgeon, Committee Member
- Sue Baseley, Council Liaison