Leaf Vacuuming & Limb Chipping
Spring Leaf Collection begins is now complete. City crews will be making one pass through the area. Due to our reduced crew size, we will be running only one leaf vacuum. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Leaves should be placed by the curb by 7:00 a.m. on Monday of the scheduled pickup week to guarantee collection. Please keep leaves out of the street, and leaves will not be collected from subdivision common ground.
Leaf vacuums are unable to pick up any of the items listed below mixed into leaf piles:
- brush/limbs/root balls mixed into leaves
- grass clippings
- trash/animal waste
Limb collection will continue in Wards 3 & 4 on Saturday, April 11, weather permitting. Please have your brush at the curb at 7:00 a.m to ensure pickup. Limb collection will continue through mid-October.
The schedule for pickup is weather dependent and may be suspended at any time due to inclement weather.
Limb chipping service is provided in spring, summer and fall for Single-Family Residences.
- Place your limbs at the curb for chipping—not in the street.
- There is a 15 minute maximum time limit per residence.
- Limbs must be more than 3’ long, more than .5” in diameter ~but less than 3” to qualify.
The City is unable to pick up:
- Limbs on vacant lots or common ground areas.
- Piles containing leaves, evergreens, vines, bamboo, root balls or thorns.
- Large limb piles generated by contractors completing major tree trimming, tree removals, or lot clearing.
Limbs that do not quality for chipping must be bundled or bagged for collection by Republic Services on your regular trash day. Bags can be purchased at the Government Center or at retail stores like Dierbergs or Menards.
SIGN UP FOR WEEKLY UPDATES
The Public Works Departments sends out weekly updates on the status of leaf and limb collection. Sign up to have updates sent directly to your inbox at www.crevecoeurmo.gov/SignUp.