- Boards & Commissions
- Horticulture, Ecology & Beautification
- Arbor Day Celebration
Arbor Day Celebration
Arbor Day Celebration & Art Contest
Sunday, April 30, 2023 from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Millennium Park, 2 Barnes West Drive, Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Celebrate Arbor Day on Sunday, April 30, in Millennium Park with a plant giveaway, activities for kids, educational displays, tree planting demonstration, and a live performance by Babaloo Music & Fun!
Babaloo Music & Fun will perform from 1:00-2:00 p.m. A Babaloo concert is a riotous and raucous affair, with singing and stomping, dancing and shouting—whatever it takes to get kids rockin'! These wacky tunes and antics will keep everyone energized and laughing!
Entries to the all-ages art contest will be on display inside of Tappmeyer Homestead. Mayor Bob Hoffman will present ribbons to the contest winners during the event. See below for art contest entry rules and deadline.
The City of Creve Coeur has been a distinguished and recognized “Tree City” for over 25 years. As such, Arbor Day signifies an opportunity to educate and inspire residents about the importance, value and love of trees. This event is presented by the Creve Coeur Horticulture, Ecology and Beautification Committee.
ART CONTEST ENTRY RULES
- Not to exceed 9” x 12” (no canvas, please)
- Must be any two-dimensional medium: pencil, water color, crayon, marker, oil, photo, digital design, etc.
- Theme: Nature Around Us
- (any aspect of nature is acceptable)
- Must list artist’s name, category, address and phone number on the back of the art piece
- Submission deadline March 24, 2023 - Submit to Janet Rueschhoff, City of Creve Coeur, 300 N. New Ballas Road, Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Participation ribbons for all entries. Winners will have artwork displayed at the Creve Coeur Government Center for one month; all other artwork can be picked up following the event between 3:00 and 3:30 p.m. With the exception of winning pieces, any artwork not picked up at the end of the show will be available for pick up at the Government Center until May 31. Artwork will not be returned by mail.
For more information, contact Janet Rueschhoff at 314-872-2511 or email@example.com.