- Public Works
- Snow Removal
Preparing for Winter WeatherPreparing for winter weather, Public Works crews switch over the limb chipping and leaf vacuuming trucks for plowing, closely monitor weather reports and stock pile salt. For any questions about snow removal, call the Department of Public Works at (314) 872-2533.
Clearing RoadsWhen snow hits, the first priority is to clear arterial roads. By placing the arterial streets on the priority list, emergency vehicles and other motorists will only navigate a few snowy blocks before they reach a plowed road. After the arterial routes have been plowed, crews plow subdivision streets.
Not all streets are maintained by city crews. Olive Blvd. and Ladue Rd. are maintained by the Missouri Department of Transportation while N. Mason Rd. is maintained by St. Louis County.
What You Can DoYou can help the Public Works crews by:
- Avoiding parking on the street to allow crews to clear the road from curb to curb. If two or more inches of snow are forecasted, please park in the driveway.
- Removing basketball goals from the curb and right of way.
- Avoiding shoveling the snow from your driveway into the street. If you have a contractor plow your driveway, please make sure they do not push snow into the street.
- Giving snow plows room to work.
- Stay at least 100' away from the truck. Although the pavement behind them has been cleared, the pavement in front is covered in ice and snow.