Economic Development Committee
The Economic Development Committee consists of seven to nine members who serve a three-year term and the Mayor serves as an ex-officio member.
Primary powers and duties of the Commission include:
- Provide a forum for building local consensus on the economic issues facing the city and the means for addressing them.
- Promote Creve Coeur as a center for business activity in West County.
- Understand the needs and problem areas for employees, public institutions and not-for-profit organizations and development of strategies to address them.
- Develop plans and programs that will identify future business / institutional plans to encourage retention and expansion in the city, including financing opportunities.
- Determine the feasibility of establishing an economic development staff position in city government.
- Work with federal, state, regional and local government organizations that can assist in this total effort.
- Ned Maniscalco, Chair
- David Morris, Chamber of Commerce Representative, Vice-Chair
- Roger Levy, Committee Member
- Danielle Finley, Committee Member
- Warren Davis, Committee Member
- Jonathan Sher, Committee Member
- Lon Zimmerman, Committee Member
- Mayor Robert Hoffman, Ex-Officio
- Mark Manlin, Council Liaison - Ward 1
- Sharon Stott, Staff Liaison
The Creve Coeur Economic Development Committee sponsors the Creve Coeur Business Awards Program to recognize Creve Coeur businesses and organizations. Award categories include:
For more information on the Business Awards Program, contact the Public Information Officer and Management Analyst at (314) 442-2081.
Heart of the Community- honors a Creve Coeur business or organization that has demonstrated a commitment to the community by making a positive impact in Creve Coeur or the St. Louis region.
Most Innovative Business- honors a Creve Coeur business or organization that has demonstrated innovation, unique achievements or significant advancements in their field.
green business- honors a Creve Coeur business or organization that has made sustainability (e.g., energy efficiency, recycling, composting, use of native landscapes, etc.) an integral part of its business practices.
- honors a Creve Coeur restaurant nominated by its customers for its outstanding service and food quality.