The Committee consists of seven to nine members who each serve a three-year term.
Primary responsibilities and duties of the Committee include:
- Assisting the Chief of Police and the Department in maintaining the highest quality and standards of police work.
- Assisting the Chief of Police by providing advice, counsel and action to maintain the standards of integrity, efficiency and morale in the Police Department.
- Participating in the implementation of the traffic-related portions of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Participating in the implementation of the Creve Coeur Traffic Calming/Traffic Mitigation program.
- Reviewing the traffic impact of selected public works and private development projects as requested by the City Council or the Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Proactively encouraging public and private sector efforts to use and develop alternative modes of transportation within the City of Creve Coeur.
- Reviewing and assisting in the formulation of new city policies for traffic management.
To find out more about the roles and guidelines of appointed and elected City positions, read A Citizens Advisory Guide to Boards, Committees and Commissions.
- Bob Gale, Committee Member
- James Gerst, Committee Member
- Mark Shook, Committee Member
- Al Schopp, Jr., Chair
- Debra Wiens, Committee Member
- Lloyd Nolan, Committee Member
- William Spieler, Vice Chair
- Ben Lefton, Committee Member
- Gary Liess, Committee Member
- Heather Silverman, Council Liaison - Ward 1