Public Input on Building Permit Process
In November 2020, the Creve Coeur City Council established a new Building Permit Task Force to identify areas of concern and opportunities for improvement within the City’s building and permit inspection services to better meet the needs of the community. The Building Permit Task Force has 10 appointed members consisting of representatives from various Creve Coeur boards, committees and City Council that meet monthly to review the City’s building permitting and inspection services.
The Building Permit Task Force hosted a virtual public forum for residents on Tuesday, May 18, at 6:30 p.m., as well as a virtual public forum for contractors on Tuesday, May 25, at 4:00 p.m. During the public forum, attendees had an opportunity to share feedback on their experience with the permitting process, as well as share suggestions for improvements.
NOTICE: PERMITTING AND
INSPECTION PROCEDURE CHANGES
The Building Division is responsible for enforcement of the city's building, residential-mechanical, property maintenance, nuisance and zoning codes.
Primary Building Division activities include:
- Ensuring that life safety codes and professional construction methods are adhered to during the construction process
- Administering and coordinating all aspects of the residential and commercial building permit submittal, plan review, permit issuance, field inspections and escrow release processes
- Ensuring that all residential and commercial properties are in compliance with the city's exterior property maintenance, nuisance and sign codes, Complaint Line (314) 442-2085
- Ensuring that St. Louis County provides quality permit issuance and field inspection services as they pertain to all electrical, plumbing and commercial mechanical work completed within the city
- 2015 IBC-International Building Code
- 2015 IECC-International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 IPMC-International Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 IRC-International Residential Code
- 2015 ISPSC-International Swimming Pool and Spa Code