A Message From the acting Chief of Police
The Creve Coeur Police Department is committed to providing professional public safety services to our residents, business partners and visitors. We do this by embracing the community policing concept in our day-to-day interactions. Creve Coeur Police Officers work as a team with the public to meet this goal of a safe, orderly and peaceful community, 24 hours a day.
Our officers perform their jobs with courage - to face adversity with ethical behavior, commitment - to leadership and problem solving, professionalism - using the highest standard of personal and organizational excellence, and development - of the partnership with the community through honesty, morality and maintaining high integrity. These four tenets, courage, commitment, professionalism and development make up our core values.
We value your input and appreciate your ideas and opinions. Please contact me if you find that the Police Department is not living up to our goals and values or if you happen to notice an employee performing his/her job in an especially commendable manner. We will take your input very seriously. Thank you for your continuing support in our efforts to achieve our mission.
Jon Romas, Acting Chief of Police
Learn more about police officer employment opportunities with the Creve Coeur Police Department.
News & Announcements:
Event Cancellations AND PROCEDURE CHANGES
Please follow the City of Creve Coeur's Calendar for updates to non-police events and meetings which can be found on the homepage or at www.crevecoeurmo.gov/calendar.The Creve Coeur Police Department remains a 24/7 operation under any and all working conditions (Emergency: 911 / Non-Emergency: 314-737-4600). However, there are some minor changes as we try to balance social distancing with serving the public:
- Limiting public access to the interior of the PD station outside of necessary public safety functions. This includes temporarily suspending our fingerprinting service and tours of the new police building.
- All sick cases prompt an EMS and Police response. However, unless criminal activity is suspected and/or EMS personnel request assistance, the police department will stage outside of the building to help protect EMS equipment.
- Vehicle accidents that do not have injuries nor require a tow may require being resolved via telephone.
MISSION and Core Values
OUR MISSION The Creve Coeur Police Department is committed to safeguarding the lives and property of the people we serve. We strive to reduce the incidence and fear of crime and to enhance the public safety while working tirelessly to provide a better quality of life in the workplace and community. We will achieve this goal by working as a team with other city departments, government agencies and our community.
- Courage: in the face of adversity with ethical behavior at all times.
- Commitment: To leadership and problem solving.
- Professionalism: Our conduct and demeanor display the highest standard of personal and organizational excellence.
- Development: Our actions and relationships with the community are guided by an internal sense of honesty, integrity and morality.