A Message From the Chief of Police
As the Chief of Police, it is my pleasure to welcome you to our website. We hope this website provides you with the tools you need to learn about the services we provide and the professional men and women that serve this community. We are an internationally accredited law enforcement agency through CALEA and have been since 2012. We will always strive to maintain the highest standards of accountability and best practices because our community deserves that level of service and professionalism.
Each day, the men and women of CCPD strive to live out the department mission by safeguarding lives, property, and patrolling with the purpose to reduce the incidence of crime, the fear of crime, and enhance the safety of the public. We will always strive to protect the rights and dignity of all people, and we will continue to build community partnerships because a safe community cannot be achieved by the work of the Police Department alone. Everyone in the community, including citizens and business, play a role.
The Creve Coeur Police Department has always experienced a tremendous amount of support from its citizens and businesses and we will continue to do all that we can to maintain those relationships and establish new partnerships. I want to thank the citizens and businesses of Creve Coeur for your continued support and partnership to keep Creve Coeur safe.
Jeffrey Hartman, Chief of Police
News & Announcements:
Event Cancellations AND PROCEDURE CHANGES
Please follow the City of Creve Coeur's Calendar for updates to non-police events and meetings which can be found on the homepage or at www.crevecoeurmo.gov/calendar.The Creve Coeur Police Department remains a 24/7 operation under any and all working conditions (Emergency: 911 / Non-Emergency: 314-737-4600). However, there are some minor changes as we try to balance social distancing with serving the public:
- Limiting public access to the interior of the PD station outside of necessary public safety functions. This includes temporarily suspending our fingerprinting service and tours of the new police building.
- All sick cases prompt an EMS and Police response. However, unless criminal activity is suspected and/or EMS personnel request assistance, the police department will stage outside of the building to help protect EMS equipment.
- Vehicle accidents that do not have injuries nor require a tow may require being resolved via telephone.
MISSION, vision, and Core Values
OUR MISSION It is the mission of the Creve Coeur Police Department to partner with our community to safeguard life and property, enforce the law, preserve the peace, and reduce the fear of crime within the framework of the Constitution.
To continue the excellent legacy of police service to this community through the pillars of community partnerships, maintaining accountability and best practices, promoting officer wellness, and organizational development.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Courage: in the face of adversity with ethical behavior at all times.
- Commitment: To leadership and problem solving.
- Professionalism: Our conduct and demeanor display the highest standard of personal and organizational excellence.
- Development: Our actions and relationships with the community are guided by an internal sense of honesty, integrity and morality.