The City of Creve Coeur is monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak as it develops and is taking precautions for the safety of our city staff and citizens.
The City will be continuing daily operations while taking preventive measures in order to follow the safety guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and therefore has implemented several new policies.
Update on City Operations
- Government Center – The Government Center is currently open to the public. Citizens are encouraged to call or email city staff, instead of visiting in-person, whenever possible. Front counters, “high touch surfaces” and other public spaces within the Government Center are being sanitized frequently, and hand sanitizer is available in public spaces.
- Parks & Recreation – The Creve Coeur Ice Arena, community meeting rooms, the multipurpose room, and the gym are currently closed through Sunday, April 5. All recreation programs, activities, events and rentals (regardless of size) are canceled through at least Sunday, April 5. The Creve Coeur Golf Course, city parks and trails are currently open.
- Police Department – The CCPD remains a 24/7 operation under any and all working conditions (Emergency: 911 / Non-Emergency: 314-737-2600). Vehicle accidents that do have injuries or require a tow may instead be handled via telephone. Public access to the police station will also be limited, including the suspension of prescription drop-offs and fingerprinting.
- Public Meetings – City Council meetings will have a 25-person attendance limit in order to follow the six-foot social distancing guidelines set by the CDC. Board, Committee and Commission meetings are subject to cancellation during this time. Please check the city calendar for the most up-to-date meeting information.
- City Services – Leaf and limb collection programs are continuing as scheduled. Building inspectors have adjusted procedures to limit the amount of time spent in a residence and to allow submitted photos instead of on-site inspections for minor work.
- Municipal Court – In the interest of public health and safety, the Creve Coeur Municipal Court has suspended all in-person court proceedings until April 8, 2020, as per the Order of the Court. The Court Office will not be accepting physical documentation or payments in-person at its office.
The above information is subject to change as this is a developing situation. Any updates to city policies or services will be communicated through various channels, including the City website. Sign up to have city announcements emailed to you at www.crevecoeurmo.gov/notifyme or follow the City of Creve Coeur on Facebook for updates.